Application details for the next cohort of WRF Postdoctoral Fellows will be added soon.
WRF supports STEM research at nonprofit institutions in Washington state, with a focus on life sciences and enabling technologies.
Our goal for the WRF Postdoctoral Fellowships
WRF will support up to 10 new highly creative and dedicated postdoctoral scientists each year at research institutions in Washington state. Fellows will conduct groundbreaking work on their own original projects addressing unmet public needs. Our ultimate goal is for the Fellows' research to benefit the public through the creation of products and services.
WRF Postdoctoral Fellows:
- Will be chosen by an outstanding external selection committee
- Will be supported for three years at an eligible research institution in Washington state
- Will choose the laboratories at which they will conduct their research
- Will choose a 2019 start date of January 1, April 1, July 1 or October 1
- Will receive a stipend of $65,000 for the first year, $67,500 for the second year and $70,000 for the third year, plus benefits of up to $20,000 per year
- Will have a budget of up to $5,000 per year for research supplies, equipment and/or travel
- Will attend periodic lectures and networking events
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (Green Card holder)
- Must have completed a doctorate from an accredited graduate program prior to commencement of their Fellowship. Preference will be given to applicants who gained their PhDs on or after July 1, 2017
- Can have a background in any STEM field, but preference will be given to applicants whose project proposals are in life sciences and enabling technologies
- If selected, must be available to attend a one-day interview in Seattle on a date of WRF's choosing between September 15-23, 2018. WRF will provide a travel allowance
- Must have an institution and lab chosen prior to their interview, if selected
Closing Date: end of the day on Sunday, July 15, 2018
Selection process and timeline:
- Following a review of all completed applications by the selection committee, an in-person interview will be offered to each shortlisted candidate. Applicants will be notified in late August if they have been shortlisted
- In-person interviews for shortlisted candidates will take place in Seattle between September 15-23, 2018
- Successful candidates will be notified that they have received a WRF Postdoctoral Fellowship no later than November 2018
If you have further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application period for 2019 Fellows now closed