Details and Eligibility
WRF promotes the commercialization of innovations coming from research institutions throughout Washington state.
Our goal for the WRF Postdoctoral Fellowships
WRF aims to bring up to 10 highly creative and dedicated postdoctoral scientists each year to research institutions in Washington state to conduct groundbreaking work in the following fields: physical and life sciences, technology, engineering and math. Our ultimate goal is for their research to benefit the public by addressing unmet needs through products and services provided by startup companies located here in Washington state.
WRF Postdoctoral Fellows:
- Will be chosen by an outstanding external selection committee
- Will be supported for three years at a research institution in Washington state
- Will choose the laboratories and start date to conduct their research
- Will receive a salary of $65,000 for the first year, $67,500 for the second year and $70,000 for the third year, plus benefits as determined by the institution
- Will have a small budget for research supplies, equipment and/or travel
- Will attend periodic lectures and networking meetings to get to know each other and WRF staff, and to learn about the commercialization process
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (Green Card holder)
- Upon commencement of the Fellowship, must have completed a doctorate from an accredited graduate program
Closing Date: end of the day on Sunday, July 16, 2017
Selection Process and approximate timeline:
- Videoconference interviews will begin in late-August 2017 for candidates whose applications progress
- Following the completion of all video interviews, an in-person interview will be offered to candidates then selected for our shortlist. WRF will provide a travel allowance for these interviews, which are currently scheduled for October 2017 in Seattle
- Successful candidates will be notified that they have received a WRF Postdoctoral Fellowship in November 2017
If you have further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.